Thursday, December 22, 2011

Food!

So, after much thought I've decided that I want to do a cooking blog. Here's what I made for dinner last night!

Slow Cooker Italian Smothered Steak



This is a very easy dinner to make.  It consists of 4 ingredients (6 if you include the salt and pepper) and is all done in a slow cooker.  
First, you need stew meat, 26 oz of spaghetti sauce (I used twice as much, although I only really needed about 1.5 cans of sauce), an onion, and cheese-filled tortellini.

  

In the slow cooker, add the onion, chopped however you like (I did quarters), the stew meat, seasoned with salt and pepper, and the spaghetti sauce.  Put it on low for 8-9 hours.

After the 8-9 hours, add the tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.  I did this part on the keep warm setting, and it turned out perfect.  When it's all done, serve with bread or a salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment